Monday, February 18, 2013

Introductions...

Welcome all,

This blog is intended to help provide guidance and tips for those looking to start a career in IT or feel their career has stalled.

Starting an IT career can be very difficult and in the present economy, a little guidance may be beneficial in attaining success. Once you have landed your first position, the next steps you take may determine if you get stuck in the same position or put you in line for advancing.

So.... why take advice from my blog?
          Let me tell you a little about myself.

I am currently the Sr Manager of IT Infrastructure reporting directly to the CIO for a Fortune 500 company and have earned certification such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), Six Sigma - Black Belt and if you go back far enough, CNA (Certified Novell Administrator).

During my near 15 years in IT the roles I have held in numerous global corporations include: Helpdesk support, Sr Systems Engineer, Enterprise Architect, Exchange Administrator, Project Manager, Helpdesk Manager, Wintel Manager, Virtualization Engineer and Cloud Services Manager.

It has been my absolute pleasure to work with many different people through my career, each with their own skills, talents and methods to making our IT groups a sound team the business units were able to depend on. In future posts, it is my intention to share what I have learned so that others may also experience success in IT.


Thanks and God Bless!

Additional resources:


No comments:

Post a Comment